The finalists have been announced for the Casual Dining Magazine National Burger Awards, which will take place on Wednesday 25 February, following a day of hard deliberation.
Casual Dining Magazine was impressed by the volume and quality of entries from large and small operators spanning the whole country, but managed to whittle the finalists down to 16.
The final line up to compete on the day with their signature burgers, followed by the technical round, is:
• Jon Finch with The Lockjaw Burger from Grillstock Smokehouse
• Kasi Govarthan with the Blackbean and Beetroot Burger from Las Iguanas
• Leon Frey with It Ain’t Easy Being Cheesy from Almost Famous
• Mikkel Gregerson with Beowulf from Wild Game Co.
• Alex Towill with The Big Kahuna from Hubbox
• Chris Large with the Peanut Butter Burger from Bobo Social
• Brendan Fyldes with The Beast from Café Football
• Mathew Morgan with the Stuffed Goat’s Cheese Burger from Handmade Burger Co.
• Gareth Attwell with The Fat Boy from Big Boys Fine Burger Company
• Darius Seitfudem with the Confit Duck Burger from Bare Grills
• Tim Blake with The Big Ben from Benson Blake’s Bar & Grill
• Terry McDowell with the Brisket & Marrowbone Burger from TGI Friday’s
• Wilson Borges with The Louisiana Burger from Shrimp and Burger
• Damien Daintry with the Button Street Dirty Burger from Button Street Smokehouse
• Tim Molema with The St Morish from Gourmet Burger Kitchen
• Ben Walton with the BC Burger from Ben’s Canteen
Good luck to all the finalists and thank you to everyone who entered, the standard of submissions really proved that the quality of burgers served around Britain is something to be proud of.
Keep an eye out for all the news on the day and find out what is crowned Britain’s best burger in Casual Dining Magazine.